Oct 12, 2009

Rest for the weary

I finally get to sit down and rest my tired bones & ears lol, believe me my ears need to rest too .. especially after today. There's only so much a gal can take of screaming kids, barking dogs and speed talking instructors who've had a wee bit too much coffee for the day. I think I was concentrating on how many breaths she'd take rather then the topic she was talking about lol, not like I could even comprehend what the hell she was saying any how lol but needed to look like I was paying attention.
Thankfully today was the last day for this term, we had our finals for medical terminology and business information .. I aced them both *grinning*, in fact for once in my entire schooling career I'm carrying a 4.0 GPA as of right now! That's a biggy for this lil lady .. I've gotten A's in classes before but never had a 4.0 GPA lol now the hard part is keeping that bad boy lol. I only have 4 classes under my belt .. with 18 more to go lmao.

I also had Ryan's parent teacher conference this morning, happy happy joy joy.. hehe. It was a great meeting and Ryan is doing fantastic! They have the state test coming up soon so they've been focusing on that. She showed me a sample test when I was there, DAMN, over the years they've really jammed a lot into those tests! It's going to be a full week of testing, gawd I don't miss those days lol. Ryan is also in an advanced reading class, he's reading at about a 6th grade level and he's in 4th grade ... *high five to my lil man*, way to go! Of course he has some things he needs to work on, orginizational skills and participating more. He's a very passive kid in large groups but if he's one on one he does a lot better. He's not a spot light hog, in fact he hates being the center of attention, so it'll be a task to get him to participate more. Aside from that she said he's one of the most polite,respectful and compassionate kids in her class, sometimes she forgets he's only 9-10 years old because he acts a lot older. It's always nice to hear others talk so highly of your kids, makes you feel like you're doing something right.




No comments:

Post a Comment