Oct 19, 2009

Mr. 0010

It's official, this afternoon my Ry-guy entered preteen hood. He's now double digits the BIG 1 0! It's SO hard to believe he's actually 10, where did all the time go? Did I blink for too long, was I not paying attention? Shesh, why do kids have to grow up so darn fast? It feels like yesterday he was running around in diapers carrying his cheerios box saying "Mama da kitty says rarrrr" lol. *sigh* I sure do miss my lil man, those chubby cheeks and slobbery kisses.. ahh those were the days lol. Don't get me wrong, I really really enjoy this age too .. but I sure do miss the innocence where everything was brand new. The wonderment and excitement, seeing his facial expressions followed by a high pitched squeal lol.. just priceless!

Now he's getting older, he's not a baby any more. His taste in everything will change, no more hot wheels and yu-gi-oh, he'll want mp 3 players, lap tops and PS3's, good lord my pocket is already cringing lol. I suppose he'll just have to sweet talk Santa for all that lmao. *snickers* yup, he still believes in good Ol'Santa .. either that or he doesn't have the heart to tell me he knows the ugly truth lol.

Anyway, aside from the fact he was still sick we ended up having a great birthday!
The night before I made our birthday cake, a double layer chocolate Halloween themed cake, I really surprised myself, not only was it edible but it looked scrumptious too! Betty Crocker would have been proud haha. We decided it'd be best to just celebrate at home with the four of us instead of spreading the joy all over, so Ty and I ran to Block Buster to rent a movie for today while Ryan was at home hunting for board games to play. lol Everything was set out and ready for the big day :)
This morning we woke up to a huge breakfast, Brian got up early and made his famous pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon... YUM! The house was spotless and he even made a fresh pot of coffee, what a awesome way to start off the birthday lol. I'd take a clean house over gifts any day lol. Of course Ryan was itching to open his gifts right away in the morning but we made him wait lol, I know we're horrible torturing the poor kid. In the early afternoon we broke out all the board games, Brian and I even taught the boys how to play cribbage.. surprisingly neither one argued or fought the entire time!! Ma Heiny ended up coming over in the later afternoon to pick up Ryan for his shopping spree lol, it's tradition every year she takes the boys where ever they want to pick out their bday gift. Some people would think it's odd or even tacky but I love the idea and so do the boys. They get to spend quality time with their grandma .. and to me that's the greatest gift, memories that will last forever.
When Ma brought Ryan back she also brought Pa along too so we all could watch him open his gifts & have cake and ice cream. We ended the night by watching our movie, Wolverine Origins. Ryan was anticipating the release of that movie since he seen the previews, lol when he found out we rented it I think he turned himself inside out...too cute!

Even though there was no huge party with tons of people, no piles of gifts for him to open he still had a wonderful birthday,seeing a big smile on his face was priceless, the best gift I could have had.
We still plan on having a birthday party for him once he's feeling better, that way he can hang out and celebrate (a late birthday) with his friends. We just have to wait until he's completely over this cold first so he doesn't get any one else sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment