Oct 27, 2009

Heart Attack!!

Yesterday I thought for sure I was going to have a heart attack. I got out fairly early from class so I was home by 4:30pm. Normally Ty is home by then so when I seen he wasn't home I got concerned. The worry level wasn't high as of yet because I thought maybe he was with Brian, since he wasn't home either.
I started making calls in an attempt to hunt down my child, so I called over by Ma & Pa's to see if Brian was there, of course he wasn't. I talked to grandma and told her Ty was MIA and that's why I was hunting for Brian to see if he was with him. Well by saying Ty was MIA that put grandma on high alert too lol so she had to call Ma at work to let her know Ty was missing. I wasn't too worried at this point because I hadn't talked to Brian. After talking to grandma I called Larry to see if Brian was with him, luckily he was so I asked Brian if he had Ty with him. He tells me no, he hasn't even been home.. he's been working. Humm, ok.. well now my worry meter went from yellow to red in a matter of seconds. He tells me that Ty probably walked home after tutoring and is sitting over by a friends house. That's all fine and dandy BUT my son knows he's supposed to call and let me know where the hell he's at... and there was no call .. no message.
After I hang up with Brian I start hunting down Ty's friends numbers.. I'm on a mission to find my son. I get a hold of his one friend, so I ask him to call around to see where Ty is .. and to have him call home. While I'm waiting I decided to call up to the school to see if he might be waiting up there, it's already 5:25pm so the office is closed.. DAMN!!
The later it gets the more worried I am, by now he should have been home, should have called .. I can feel my poor heart beating a thousand times per min.. it feels like it's about to jump out of my chest. I start to think of "what if's" .. it's not a good idea to let your mind wander, it makes the situation worse. At this point I'm ready to jump out of my skin. Just as I'm contemplating getting in my car and looking for him the phone rings.. it's Ty. OMFG what a sigh of relief, I felt like one of those hot air balloons being deflated lol. Come to find out he was up at the School watching his girlfriend's basketball game. Then he tells me he talked to Brian the night before about it and said "well dad was supposed to tell you", umm nothing was said, the man didn't even remember talking to him! I was livid to the say the least.. not at Ty but at Brian.

Ok now that I know where my son is at I'm a wee bit calm, now I have to make some calls to let everyone know I talked to him and he's ok lol. I call grandma and let her know, then I call Brian.. umm humm I'm sure you can guess I went off on him. He didn't even remember talking to Ty let alone saying yes for him to go to the basketball game.. not until I told him. Then all of a sudden it's "Oh duh I remember I told him he could go".. if the man was sitting in front of me I would have smacked him just for making me worry!

At 6 I had to pick up Ty from the game, the poor kid was so apologetic when he got into the car. It wasn't his fault his dad has a memory span of a snail. I had to lay down the law yet again lol .. "If you're at a friends house after school..call home & leave a message, if you go some where leave a message or note .. if you want to go somewhere talk to me ahead of time.. don't just assume your dad is going to tell me" .. "NO MORE just talking to your dad about something, make sure YOU tell me". Shesh as if I need any more flipp'n gray hairs! I tell ya, men.. some how their brain slips into their ass and they suffocate it when they sit down. From now on Brian's not allowed to sit lmao.. he's gonna have to stand or lay down.. he has to leave a route for oxygen to get to his brian lol, he can't afford to kill any more brain cells at this rate :P

Good Lord that little escapade took about 5 years off my life lol. I can feel the wrinkles setting in and the gray hairs popping out! Some one quick ..hand me a bottle of Ms Clairol!

No comments:

Post a Comment