Sep 1, 2009

The Wheels On The Bus Go ..

Today was the BIG Back to School Day .. the day kids are dragged out to the school bus kicking and screaming, the day when they vow to get you in your sleep for "making" them go lol, ok maybe not but I bet they were thinking it haha. I know mine were.. in fact Ty told me he rather take this year off.. like graduates do before heading off to collage lol. Umm yeah, he'd have to actually graduate before earning the right take a year off rofl. Gotta love um for trying tho, if he put as much effort into his studies like he does with trying to get out of them.. he'd be dangerous! I know he's looking forward to going back to school tho.. he can't fool me, he misses seeing all his friends not to mention he'll get to see his girlfriend every day now lol .. awww how berry sweet hehe.
Last night while I was getting Ryan ready for bed he kept asking if I was ever scared about going back to school when I was younger. I took that as my mommy que to have a pre-back to school pep talk. Honestly I don't think it's abnormal for anyone, young or old to be afraid or nervous about heading back to school. Shesh I used to have horrid nightmares about not being able to find my class, going to school naked, even having teachers chase me lol... Umm I didn't tell him that tho. He was more excited then afraid to head back so we just focused on all the awesome things rather then the scary ones. It helped and thankfully he was able to get some decent sleep this time instead of tossing and turning like he's done in the past.

This morning I thought I'd get up early (6:30am) to make them breakfast.. ya know send um off on the right foot but Ty was already up tossing pancakes in the kitchen! Well alrighty then .. looks like that part is taken care of. Ryan was up too, even tho he didn't have to leave for another 2 1/2 hours.. Brian was even home which was surprising! The day started off on such a good note.. until Ty went out side to wait for the bus. He waited n waited but no bus .. so Brian had to drive him. Ryan on the other hand, his bus came right on time to scoop him up.

So now I'm sitting here listening to the sounds of utter silence .. it's an odd sound, one that I've missed sooooo much! Come 4pm I'll be waiting in anticipation to find out how their day went .. I hope n pray it was a great day! Having a bad first day just sets the tone for the rest of the year, if you have a shitty day then there's a good chance it's a shitty rest of the year. So my sanity depends on today lol

No comments:

Post a Comment