Sep 2, 2009

Wheels On the Bus part 2

All day I was anxiously awaiting the boys to get home so I could hear how their day went. Since this is their last year at each school I'm hoping n praying this year turns out to be the best ever.

Around 3:15pm Ty called me, asks me to come and pick him up because the bus he normally rides doesn't seem to have him on the route. The bus driver told him that we would have to drive him since the bus doesn't go near the round about. I was a bit irate .. but went and picked him up. As soon as we got home I darted in the house and straight to the phone to call the bus company. Omfg lemme tell you.. they must not require common sense or intelligence to work for them! It took about 10 rings for someone to pick up the phone, then after giving this woman all the information she needs to find out why my son doesn't have a bus route she repeatedly comes back asking for the same information .. she did this 3 times! In the beginning of the conversation I gave her the route my son was on last year, soooo instead of just looking up his name & address .. she looks on the list of kids on that perticular bus! lmfao.. see what i mean? Litterally 45min on the phone with this woman trying to find out if my son has a bus or not, finally.. FINALLY she finds his bus!! yay .. woohoo!! There is a god! They changed his route and never notified me, which kinda irritates me but eh .. it's figured out now.

When Ryan came home we all sat down and chatted about their day.. I was so excited to hear they had a great first day! Some people may disagree but I really believe the first day makes or breaks the rest of the year. Ty already has his list of cities & states he gets to travel to with his choir class, he even gets to sing the anthem at a Brewers game! Whoa.. how cool is that?
Ryan was all excited because a lot of his friends are in his class this year, even the girl who has a crush on him lol. Awww too cute .. but he thinks it's gross lol.

Afterwords we ventured off to the store to pick up some snacks & book covers. Ryan begged me and when he breaks out that big lip it's hard to say "No". Yeah I'm a sucker lol. Anyway, while we were in the store picking out snacks I sliced my finger on one of the boxes, omfg that hurt so bad! Cardboard paper cuts hurt soooooooooo bad! Since my finger was bleeding we stopped off at walgreens to pick up bandaids. I put one on half ass in the car just to throw something on it lol. When we got home Ryan disapeared .. a few min later here he comes with the bandaids & neosporin lol. Nothing melts a mothers heart like being taken care of by her child. He opened up the bandaid .. put some neosporin on it .. then told me to run my finger under water .. he took a paper towel and dried my finger awwww. As I'm standing there he grabs my hand as gentel as he possibly could and put the bandaid on my cut.. making sure he got it in the right spot before folding over the ends. lol Then he lifted up my hand and examined the bandaid .. and asked "How does that feel Mom, is it too tight or too loose?". My reply " It's absolutely perfect" .
You never realize they pay attention to you when you're fixing up their boo-boo's but they do. I just stood there .. thinking to myself, "How in the world did I get so damn lucky to have such a sweet loving young man like my Ry-guy?" shesh the both of them, their both so damn sweet.

It was a really good day .. for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment