It's 1:30am and I'm still up! Believe me, I'd love nothing more then to lay my tired bones down buttttt my tummy is stuffed.. to the point it hurts lol. No I'm not being a sissy .. I just ate way too much! [raising eyebrow] Don't laugh.... I'm sure some time during your existence you've done the same thing. It was nice tho .. I didn't even have to cook, it's not often when I get to shelf my Betty Crocker apron!
After all the running around I did this afternoon I really wasn't in the mood to slave over a hot stove or microwave [giggles]. I spent a good part of the day running from store to store doing school shopping and then grocery shopping, lemme tell ya my fricken feet felt like flat boards by the time I was finished.
While in the midst of being at Pick n Save Brian called, said he was going to cook dinner so pick up some stuff for tacos. Humm sounds like a mighty white plan, so off I race to get the goods so I can get back to the check out. By the time I get back there it looked like everyone 'n' their mama were checking out .. "Shit!". It's always my luck too that I get stuck behind someone who has a shoe box full of coupons or needs price checks *ugh* patients at this time were wearing thin, very very thin! Eons later I'm finally able to check out.. I have everything ready.. my lil coupon card, cash in hand .. I'm ready to get the show on the road! Again it's my luck that the "fast" bagger moves to a different register and I get the fricken slow poke who has to perfectly pack each of my bags .. evenly distributing each item in the bag. He had 4 bags he was filling and at one point he completely unpacked my bags because lord forbid there was one bag that wasn't right. Ok.. at this point I dont give a shit if one bag is heavier then the next .. I don't care, just throw the chit in the bags and I'll take it from there. 2 hours later .. no, I'm not kidding .. 2 hours later I finally make it out to my car. Immediately light up a smoke .. believe me you would too after that whole escapade. So now I'm on my way home.. omg I'm actually on my way home .. yay for me! I get the car unpacked, put everything away .. and would you believe it .. I forgot something.. SHIT!! It never fails, I always forget something! Ugh .. I don't care at this point, I just want to throw my feet up and take a min to delete the events at the store from my head.
Mean while Brian & Larry come strolling in.. their standing in the kitchen talking about stuffed peppers .. yummm! So after 10 min of pepper talk they leave, heading to the store to pick up what they need for stuffed peppers. Mind you .. I'm gritting my teeth .. if I would have known I didn't have to back track for taco stuff I could have bypassed the whole check out nightmare. What ever .. it is what it is.. at least I'm the one staying home while they get to deal with OCD bagger boy.
When they got back I was anticipating hearing "Hey Ter, here's the stuff" but nope .. not one word was uttered about me cooking! Instead.. Larry & my hubby cooked! Can you picture these two men side by side in the kitchen playing with their meat bahahaha!
I have to say tho .. the whole meal was incredible, I was spoiled.. spoiled rotten! Normally I don't eat a lot, I pick like a bird... but tonight I mowed it down like a fat kid eats cake! Omg it was so good! Now I'm paying for my glutance, my tummy is screaming at me "DUMMY.. you dumb dumb DUMMY" .
No comments:
Post a Comment