We had quite the entertaining Christmas, it never fails.. there's always something or someone who turns the bland routine holiday festivities into a crazy comedy act. I tell ya my household is not normal, not by any means lol.
Christmas morning started off with my 10 year old rushing through everyone's bedroom excitedly bouncing around exclaiming "SANTA WAS HERE!! GET UP GET UP!!" yes, I know it's odd that a 10 year old STILL believes in Santa lol. All I have to say to that is.. I'm good .. DAMN good lol.
Ok, so groggy eyed.. half asleep and bouncing off walls as I try to make it to the living room I attempt to compose myself as best as I can with out having a big cup of my go go juice. I sit on the couch looking like I stuck my finger in a light socket as Ryan disperses the gifts. I swear it felt like eons waiting for that coffee to brew, it's my internal alarm clock lol... it's what turns on all the lights upstairs.
Now I have my cup in hand .. finally awake and able to comprehend what is going on lol. Ryan is in speed mode anticipating the start of opening the gifts, I swear the child had tunnel vision going on with how intent he was staring at those gifts lol. Little green men could have done a jig in front of him and he wouldn't have noticed. I swear I felt like I was at the race track .. "On your mark, get set .. GOOOOOOO!" all I could see was a flurry of wrapping paper being flung around .. I couldn't even see my child as he was opening up the gifts lol. I think this year he bet the clock with a whopping 2.8 seconds lol, he had every gift open and in front of him with this cheesy grin .. what a ham! That's what I love most about the holidays, the excitement and fun of opening gifts up. I love watching my boys .. it's the best thing about being a parent.
With gifts out of the way it was time to start on Christmas dinner .. yay! Brian makes one hell of a mean ham so of course he was the chef lol. 6 hours of baking and basting .. ahh it was finally done! I was so excited lol. Brian's parents had come over for dinner so we're all packed in the kitchen drooling over the yummy ham that sat in front of us .. if it was possible I swear there would have been a halo placed above it lol .. a piece of heaven sitting on my table lol. I do love my food lol. An hour or so sitting and eating, gorging ourselves till we're about to pop we finally decide it's time to venture into the living room to rest our aching bellies lol. Of course none of us thought of cleaning up the kitchen before hand, so there upon the kitchen counter sat the heavenly ham half devoured.
Ma and Pa stayed for a couple hours and then had to leave to pick up Brian's younger brother. Once they left we all pretty much scattered through out the house, Brian was in the living room playing his football game, Ty was down stairs playing his new game and Ryan was in his room playing his new game. Me .. well I was in my dungeon playing on the computer lol. All of a sudden I hear Ty walk upstairs, gasp .. then I hear " OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!" Brian gets up and bolts to where Ty is.. their standing in the hall way .. as I walk closer to them I see a good 2 ft of scattered heavenly ham bits strewn about the hall way, Brian is holding the remnants of the ham bone in his hand .. which was so clean you wouldn't have known there was meat attached to it. Here Tank our beloved bulldog decided that the ham was just too heavenly to ignore and quietly nabbed it off of the counter .. he sat in the hallway having his own Christmas dinner lol.. he didn't even share with Razz, what a snot! So much for split pea soup or ham & potato casserole lol. It was hard to be upset with the look on Tanks face, his big ol brown puppy eyes staring up at us as he's licking his floppy chops.. all I could do was laugh. I'm just glad he was decent enough to let us eat first lol.
I guess dogs like Christmas too .. especially Christmas dinner :P, I'm sure it won't come as a surprise when I tell you Tank's new nickname is Hambone now lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment